The 10 Qualities of Creative Leaders
David Ogilvy was an advertising legend and perhaps the original “Mad Man.”
He's offered advice on how to create advertising that sells and ten amazing tips on writing.
The Unpublished David Ogilvy offers a remarkably candid glimpse of the private man behind the public image.
Ogilvy was fond of lists. This one outlines the ten qualities of creative leaders.
The qualifications I look for in our (creative) leaders are these:
- High standards of personal ethics.
- Big people, without pettiness.
- Guts under pressure, resilience in defeat.
- Brilliant brains — not safe plodders.
- A capacity for hard work and midnight oil.
- Charisma — charm and persuasiveness.
- A streak of unorthodoxy — creative innovators.
- The courage to make tough decisions.
- Inspiring enthusiasts — with trust and gusto.
- A sense of humor.
Still curious about Ogilvy? Read why education is a priceless opportunity to furnish your mind and scientific advertising.