Every year Bill Gates takes a think week, where he reads and ponders the future. This is how he reframes his perspective, gains new insights, and recharges his mental batteries.
This sounds like a good idea to me.
Escape the winter blues and join us for a week of reading on the beach in the mornings, afternoons spent thinking, and evenings with long dinners with fellow participants discussing ideas.
- The event runs March 18-23. Jeff and I will be flying in the 17th and leaving the 24th.
- Anyone can register. After meeting thousands of Farnam Street readers in person over the years I know you're a pretty awesome crew. So, anyone can sign up … but I only want people who are going to take this seriously.
- Space is extremely limited. There are only 20 spots.
- You have a say. Dinners are the only organized events and they will each have a theme. After registration closes, we'll email participants to get ideas on what they want to discuss and what they'll be reading. You'll also get a list of what Jeff and I will be reading that week.
- Registration closes on February 29, at 11:59pm EST.
- Discounted rates at the hotel. Things in Hawaii can be expensive. Since we hold a lot of conferences, we managed to lower the room rates by hundreds of dollars. This is subject to hotel availability.
If this sounds like your idea of fun — reading, thinking, and hanging around a bunch of like-minded people drinking wine and discussing ideas — then I'll see you there.
This has the potential to recharge your batteries and change your life.
You can find more information and sign up here.