Samuel Arbesman on Complex Adaptive Systems and the Difference between Biological and Physics Based Thinking
Samuel Arbesman (@arbesman) is a complexity scientist whose work focuses on the nature of scientific and technological change. Sam's also written two books that I love, The Half-Life of Facts and Overcomplicated.
In this episode, Sam talks about:
- Our relationship with technology
- Whether art or science is more fundamental to humanity
- How he defines success for himself
- The difference between physics thinking and biological thinking
- Why its better to learn things that change slowly
- And much, much more!
A complete transcript is availale for members of the learning community.