“Spend each day trying to be a little wiser than you were when you woke up.
Discharge your duties faithfully and well.
Systematically you get ahead, but not necessarily in fast spurts.
Nevertheless, you build discipline by preparing for fast spurts.
Slug it out one inch at a time, day by day.
At the end of the day – if you live long enough – most people get what they deserve.”
— Charlie Munger
Charlie Munger is one of the great minds of the 20th century. Below is an attempt to capture that wisdom in one shareable place.
- A Lesson on Elementary, Worldly Wisdom As It Relates To Investment Management & Business
- Turning $2 Million Into $2 Trillion
- Academic Economics — Strengths and Weaknesses, after Considering Interdisciplinary Needs
- Charlie Munger: The Psychology of Human Misjudgment
Munger is the Chairman of the Daily Journal, a public company based in LA. Every year at the annual shareholders meeting he talks for hours. I take very detailed notes.
- 2017 Daily Journal Meeting Notes
- 2016 Daily Journal Meeting Notes
- 2015 Daily Journal Meeting Notes
- 2014 Daily Journal Meeting Notes
- 2013 Daily Journal Meeting Notes
- The Munger Operating System: How to Life a Life that Really Works
- Five Simple Notions For Solving Problems
- The Tension Created by Stretch Goals
- Adding Mental Models to Your Mind’s Toolbox
- Charlie Munger on the Value of Thinking Backward and Forward
- Three Underrated Reasons for Berkshire Hathaway’s Enormous Success
- Working Together: Why Great Partnerships Succeed
- Circle of Competence
- Temperament is more important than IQ
- Inversion and The Power of Avoiding Stupidity
- Charlie Munger on why Energy Independence is a Terribly Stupid Idea
- The Work Required To Have An Opinion
- A Two-step Process for Making Effective Decisions
- Worldly-Wisdom from Charlie Munger
- How Good Gamblers Think
- Charlie Munger on Mental Models
- Charlie Munger: “If I were teaching business school …”
- Bad Morals Drive Out the Good
- The Human Mind has a Shut-Off Device
- Getting The Best Odds
- Become a Learning Machine
- How Raising Prices Can Increase Sales
- Charlie Munger: Why Bureaucracy is not Shareholder Friendly
- The Present Mess
- Charlie Munger on Getting Rich, Wisdom, Focus, Fake Knowledge and More
- Poor Charlie's Almanack: The Wit and Wisdom of Charles T. Munger, Expanded Third Edition
- Damn Right: Behind the Scenes with Berkshire Hathaway Billionaire Charlie Munger
- 20 Book Recommendations from Billionaire Charlie Munger That will Make you Smarter
- 19 More Book Recommendations from Billionaire Charlie Munger
The wit and wisdom of Charlie Munger:
“It is remarkable how much long-term advantage people like us have gotten by trying to be consistently not stupid, instead of trying to be very intelligent.”
“Just because you like it does not mean that the world will necessarily give it to you.”
“I try to get rid of people who always confidently answer questions about which they don't have any real knowledge.”